Termin, miejsce, cena
This 2-day course is designed to expose participants to the key components of the data centre. CDCP training will address how to setup and improve key aspects such as power, cooling, security, cabling, safety etc. to ensure a high-available data centre. CDCP training will also address key operations and maintenance aspects.
The primary audience for this CDCP training course is an IT, Facilities or Data Centre Operations professional working in and around the data centre (representing both end-customers and/or service provider/facilitators) and having responsibility to achieve and improve hi-availability and manageability of the Data Centre, such as: Data centre managers, Operations / Floor / Facility managers, data centre engineers, network/system engineers/data centre sales/consultants.
There is no specifc prerequisite for the CDCP course. However, participants who already have at least one or two years’ experience in a data centre or facilities environment may be best suited. Those with no experience just yet are most welcome to participate.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Choose an optimum site for mission-critical data centre based on current and future needs
- Describe all components that are important for highavailability in a data centre and how to effectively setup the data centre
- Name and apply the various industry standards
- Describe the various technologies for UPS, fire suppression, cooling, monitoring systems, cabling standards, etc, and to select and apply them effectively to cost-efficiently enhance the high-availability of the data centre.
- Review the electrical distribution system to avoid costly downtime
- Enhance cooling capabilities and efficiency in the data centre by using existing and new techniques and technologies for the increased cooling requirements of the future
- Design a highly reliable and scalable network architecture and learn how to ensure installers apply proper testing techniques
- Describe (high-level) data centre operational considerations supporting mission-critical environments
- Setup effective data centre monitoring ensuring the right people get the right message
- Ensure proper security measures, both procedural and technical, are established to safeguard your company's valuable information in the data centre
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT).
The Data Centre, it’s Importance and Causes for Downtime
Data Centre Standards and Best Practices
Data Centre Location, Building and Construction
- Selecting appropriate sites and buildings and how to avoid pitfalls
- Various components of an effective data centre and supporting facilities setup
Raised Floor/Suspended Ceiling
- Uniform, concentrated and rolling load definitions
- Applicable standards
- Raised floor guidelines
- Signal Reference Grid, grounding of rack
- Disability act and regulations
- Suspended ceiling usage and requirement
- Light fixture types and placement
- Emergency lighting, Emergency Power Supply (EPS)
- Power infrastructure layout from generation to rack level
- ATS and STS systems
- Redundancy levels and techniques
- Three-phase and single-phase usage
- Power distribution options within the computer room
- Power cabling versus bus bar trunking
- Bonding versus grounding
- Common Mode Noise and isolation transformers
- Distribution boards, form factors and IP-protection grades
- Power quality guidelines
- Real power versus apparent power
- How to size and calculate load in the data centre
- Static and dynamic UPS systems, selection criteria, how they operate and energy efficiency option
- Battery types, correct selection and testing
Electro Magnetic Fields
- Electrical fields and magnetic fields definitions and units of measurements
- Sources of EMF
- Effects of EMF on human health and equipment
- EMF shielding solutions
- Rack standards, properties and selection criteria
- Security considerations
- Power rail/strip options
- Temperature and humidity recommendations
- Cooling measurement units and conversion rates
- Sensible and latent heat definitions
- Differences between comfort and precision cooling
- Overview of different air conditioner technologies
- Raised floor versus non-raised floor cooling
- Placement of air conditioner units and limitations to be observed
- Supplemental cooling options
- Cold aisle/hot aisle containment
- Importance of water supply and application areas
- Backup water supply techniques
Designing a Scalable Network Infrastructure
- The importance of a Structured Cabling System
- Planning considerations
- Copper and Fiber cable technology and standards
- ANSI/TIA-942 Cabling hierarchy and recommendations
- Testing and verification
- SAN storage cabling
- Network redundancy
- Building-to-building connectivity
- Network monitoring system requirements
- Standards for fire suppression
- Detection systems
- Various total flooding fire suppression techniques and systems, their benefits and disadvantages
- Handheld extinguishers
- Signage and safety
- Regulatory requirements and best practices
Physical Security and Safety
- Physical security considerations
- Physical safety considerations
- Data centre monitoring requirements
- EMS, BMS and DCIM
- Water leak detection systems
- Alarm notification
- Service Level Management
- Facilities maintenance
EXAM: Certified Data Centre Professional
Attendees will take a 1 hour Certified Data Centre Professional exam. The exam is 40 questions, closed book and multiple choice based. The passing mark is 27 out of 40. Attendees passing the exam will be awarded the internationally accredited and recognized 'Certified Data Centre Professional' certificate (CDCP). More: link.
S4E sells the VILT course with Exam-ANYWHERE (on-line). The price includes the exam costs. S4E will order the exam from EXIN and share information needed. Student is able to take the exam from anywhere. Exam must be completed within 7 days from last day of training.
The CDCP certificate is valid for 3 years, after which recertification is required. Please see the EPI Recertification Programme for available options.
CDCP is world-wide accredited by EXIN.
1250 EUR (the price includes the exam costs).
1. Delivered live by an EPI instructor.
2. The VILT delivery platform provides for full interactivity with:
3. VILT course duration (days) is the same as the ILT course. i.e. CDCP_VILT is a 2-day course.
4. A VILT course is sold inclusive of the exam and e-Courseware.
5. The training start/end time are:
- Europe, Middle-East, Africa | 09:30 – 17:30 Central European Time
6. Exam must be completed within 7 days from last day of training
VILT Registration Process
1. Customer registers and make payment to S4E.
2. S4E registers their students directly into the VILT session and sends in the e-Courseware order form.
3. EPI confirm the class and sends VILT link and e-book to student.
4. Student will receive an invitation to attend the training.
5. Class registration will close 3-working days before the start date.
Exam Options and Delivery
S4E sells the VILT course with Exam-ANYWHERE (on-line). The price includes the exam costs.
S4E will order the exam from EXIN and share information needed. Student is able to take the exam from anywhere. Exam must be completed within 7 days from last day of training. Complete procedure is in Exin website.
Will I be able to learn in a VILT environment?
- Yes! The VILT platform is a tried and tested medium of delivery over the years by many large and small organization.
- EPI is using the Cisco WebEx Training Center which is extensively used all over the world.
- The instructor will conduct a VILT orientation in the first 10 minutes of the class on how to use the VILT interface.
What are the requirements for a student to attend the VILT classes?
1. Windows (Intel Core2 Duo or AMD, 2GB RAM) MAC & Linux
2. Headset with microphone
3. Broadband internet connection
4. More information on WebEx website:
How do I join the training?
1. After you’ve registered with S4E, you will receive an email confirmation with the subject:
“You are registered for the training session: <Course Title>”
2. On the confirmation email, you will have all the training details and a link to join the session. The link looks like the below sample:
To join the training session
1. Go to
2. Enter your name and email address (or registration ID).
3. Enter the session password: This session does not require a password
4. Click "Join Now".
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
3. You will need to click on this link to gain access to the session on each training day.
4. Please save this email and follow the step to login at the scheduled training date and time.
Do I need to install any software?
Yes. The Cisco WebEx application will automatically download when student clicks the hyperlink to join a class the first time. It is highly recommended that student do this at least 30 minutes in advance on first day of training to avoid missing the first part of the training.